We’re a brand new church for Albemarle, NC and Stanly County. Being a brand new church has created a rather unique atmosphere for us at Vortex. We aren’t perfect, we haven’t arrived, and we don’t have it all figured out. We’re changing things up all the time to figure out how to best meet the needs of our community, and we’re determined to be a church that invites people into the Vortex of an authentic life that follows Jesus.
We hope to meet you where you are. We have a special place in our hearts for people who don’t understand the Bible, don’t know Jesus yet, and perhaps don’t even like “church” as they know it. We’re not afraid of big questions. We’re aware that sin is ugly, life is messy, and everybody has some hurts, habits, and hang-ups that Jesus wants to work on.
While we admit we are not a perfect church, there are some things we’re very passionate about and are determined to get right from the start…
- We want to make Jesus the central issue in everything we say and do.
- We will boldly teach the truth of the Bible in a way that can be understood and lived out, even for people who are unfamiliar with it.
- Our music will be fresh and dynamic, less of a performance and more of a time where people participate together in seeking God. (And be warned – it will probably be loud.)
- We love your babies and toddlers, noise and messes and all, and we will take extremely good care of them, honoring the trust parents place in us.
- We will lead kids to experience worship and understand the truth of the Bible on their own level in at atmosphere that is safe, fun, and positive.
- We have a casual atmosphere where real people can connect with no pressure to “look the part.” Jeans and T-Shirts are welcome.
We do hope you’ll give us the privilege of meeting you in a weekend service soon!